Monday, July 28, 2008

Latest information of the current time.....


My family members were discussing about a wrist watch -Tag Heuer - in our family egroup . I made some look-up and indicated few points to signify the wrist watch and its worth. I highlighted it as, "Simple wrist watch with hour, minute and seconds hands". One of my cousin brother (K. Kumar) made a great remark which I cannot erase off from my memory.


He said, "With the hour, minute and seconds hand included – you can actually have the latest information of the current time (which normally changes every second…) – That’s amazing ..!!"


Till then I didn't realise that the current time changes every second.


What a great guy. As usual, something will trigger something and my thoughts went to wonder around on how else watches are being designed. I came across a website/blogspot with an exciting name "adult style watches", although my mind knew it could not be something wrong, my mind was still expecting something else......!


They were showing and reviewing unique watches.


The one which caught my attention is called as "Shinshoku".


I don't know how practical it is but if you are able to count 1-14 correctly, you should be able to use this watch easily.


The Red LED indicates the hour (1 to 12 LED), The Green LED indicates completion of 15 minutes {0 green LED, 0 minutes, 1 green LED, 15 minute, 2 green LED, 3 minutes, 3 green LED, 45 minutes, The Yellow LED indicates 1 to 14 minutes which you are supposed to add together with the green LEDs.}


All these technologies are developed because we need to know the latest information of the current time.... (which normally changes every second)

Subra






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The LED watch is a lousy idea. Color blind fellas will struggle to read it. It ranks with the same stupid idea of having just one light as traffic lights with red and green LED.

To a color blind person it looks lighted but color will not be differentiated.

LKO

subrayoga said...

Hi "anonymous" LKO (I guess I know who you are).

Colour blindness could be one thing the designers never took into consideration.

Anyhow, these are for us to know and see for ourself how we can utilize this info (designs) into our life (career).

Thanks for your comments.